Friday, September 14, 2012

Staying Connected...

 
 
 
As educators we are constantly battling with technology defeat; its ever-changing and we are always playing "catch-up" especially in the classroom. With limited resources we feel that its impossible to be technology savvy; do not fret and take breath. I have encorporated a map below that shows teachers how we can stay connected whether we are using it for our personal use to stay "in tune" with the lastest in education or if we plan on taking that  E X T R A step and intergrate it into our lessons.
 
 
 
My primary focus is on ePals Global Community;  After researching, I thought it was an excellent way for the class intergrate technology into the curriculum for many subject areas and communicate with other students across the world. A teacher can chose a project for the class to participate in based on his/her preference. The students are able collaborate with other students, participate in learning language, and be involved in cultural diversity.
 
&& guess what teachers?
 
ePals even provides you with a lesson plan, the standards, and a timeline to follow. The best part about this is once you have your class set up, it can be put into a center activity (it is part of writing). Phewww; you thought you needed X amount of computers for this lesson. Don't Worry; our lack of technology resources will not stop us.
 
 
 
ePals: The introductory Project. Check it out! I am sure you will be just as fascinated and eager to start this with your students as I am!!!



1 comment:

  1. I have a friend (teacher in Ft. Lauderdale) who does ePals. He says it is one of the most interesting projects that he does with the kids. One thing that he says is particular effective is that students get the chance to "network" with others.

    My only concern is not that the kids couldn't handle it...but rather that I would be the one who holds the project back. I am not the most organized teacher...sorry, I just am not. And I would not want to be the reason why this activity fails.

    I like your graphic map on ways to stay connected. Since we have started doing Blogs in this class I have made one for my own students. I have tried to promote it...just a conversation piece. I'm doing this in an effort to stay connected with parents too.

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete